1. Consult with your agent: They will have a specific way they want to market you.
2. Outfits: Plan your outfits and make sure you iron or steam your clothes. American Apparel, Target, or Zara are great places to find headshot clothing because their styles are basic and modern. Bring extra options if you are not sure about what to wear. If you want 3/4 shots wear pants that match your outfit. If you want standard headshots don’t worry about wearing matching pants.
3. Things to Bring:
◦ (Male Products)– Comb, brush, styling products, lip balm, shaving gear if you need it and I suggest buying some powder to keep the shine down.
◦ (Female) Products Make-up, Hair products, curling irons, blow driers, etc.: If you are doing your own hair and make-up please do your make-up and hair at home and bring things to do touch ups while you are here.
4. Parking Money: Have 3-5 dollars for parking. There are meters that take a credit card on but just in case bring a little cash for parking.
5. Nutrition: Make sure you’ve had a nice meal so you are focused. It’s all about giving energy to the camera. You better have something in your stomach.
6. Practice Expressions: Your face has muscle memory. So the more you stretch your muscles during the shoot the better variety of shots you will have to choose from. Practice expressions in the mirror prior to the shoot. SURPRISED, HAPPY, SAD, WORRIED, SEDUCTIVE, LOST, CONFUSED, EXCITED, TEMPTED, DEVIOUS, NERVOUS, SCARED
◦ Muted colors
◦ Grays, Blacks, Earth Tones
◦ Layering is always a great idea
◦ Try to keep your clothing modern. Pay attention to the cuts of the shirts and the materials. I like shirts that look modern but don’t distract.
◦ Try to put your vibe into the styling of this shot but not so much as it takes attention from you. Keep it generic.
◦ Spaghetti Straps
◦ Busy patterns
◦ Overly stylish
◦ Out dated styles
Something vibrant that makes you have a commercial feel. You want to wear colors that you look best in.
I suggest a medium intensity color.
◦ Colorful shirts that compliment your eyes, skin and hair
◦ Modern cuts, don’t be dated from the start
◦ Shirts that frame your face shape
Do Not –
◦ Too Colorful, or too bright
◦ Busy patterns
◦ Out dated styles and cuts
◦ Stay away from white unless under a jacket.
Headshot Hair and Make-up
◦ Headshot hair and make-up should be kept very natural, using colors that are soft and complimentary to your skin tone. The makeup should not stand out too much or distract from your eyes and expression
◦ Foundation should be kept as natural looking as possible, but have enough coverage to hide imperfections. Most people will need a medium to full coverage foundation. However, those with very clear skin may only need to use concealer
◦ Lips should be natural as well, perhaps one shade lighter or darker than your own lip color. This may depend on the clothing or the look you are going for. Lip-gloss is recommended to keep the lips looking fresh
◦ Eye makeup should be given the most attention, using enough eye shadow and liner (in natural tones) to make your eyes pop
Expect your photos to arrive within 1-3 days via Dropbox.
The Photography Agency wants to help you capture all your great photos by creating timeless photography just for you. Scheduling your photo session online is quick and convenient. All booking must be made 48 hours in advance. If you do need same day appointment we request that you call to make sure the service is available.
Studio number (323) 712-2477 (Hazel)